Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

More from Cycle Day 28

Last night my husband and I got into it about baby names.  I was in a girly mood with all of these hormones and asked what names he likes.

Let's pretend his name is Jones.  My father's name is also Jones.  My son's middle name is Jones.  His son's name is Jones.  His father's name was Jones.  Well, we have obviously managed to get a few Joneses (wow, did not mean to make a pun there!).

Anyway, he said we should name all of our boys Jones.  "Keep up the lineage" he says.  Dude, you've already ensured that your first name will go somewhere.  Your first son is already named Jones.  What.  The.  Hell.  I am not going to be one of "those parents" that subject their children/ families to such ridicule because my husband loves his name so much.

Besides, how would your son Jones feel when he finds out you named your next son the same name?  Given the strange circumstances around the current relationship they have, I would think the child would feel replaced somehow.  Just doesn't seem right.  And I don't want to do it anyway.

Then we get into girl names.  He thinks it should have an "x" or a "v" in it.  Or it should be some exotic car like Mercedes, Lexus, Audi.  I thought I had married a 32 year old MAN.  What happened to him?  Is he on his own set of strange behavior hormones?  I seriously started second guessing my choice to have his children.  Started wondering if I should orchestrate a marital separation before each baby's birth.

My husband can get to kidding around and make it look 100% real.  So I kept asking him to stop kidding because it was starting to stress me out.  But he was serious!  Or at least, he kept acting serious.  And I can usually tell when its an act.  But, boy, he had (and still has) me fooled into believing these shenanigans might last.  God help me if that's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment