Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cycle Day 24-37

So we are in the 2WW (two week wait).  And it sucks.  Not knowing sucks.  I can't wait to test.  But my little instruction sheet said not to test until 1/14.  Torture.  Plain and simple.

I could test earlier, but here's the thing.  The trigger shot is made of HCG, the very same hormone that pregnancy tests test for.  So I could get a false positive and that would be a huge let down if it turned out that I really wasn't preggers.

In the meantime, I have filled my wait with distractions like going to the movies only to leave the movie every half hour to pee.  Reading forums that I have been lurking on.  Not lurking by choice, but because for some reason, I can't get them to send me an activation code so I can start posting.  I have tried over and over to no avail.  Oh and doing some research on what could possibly be going on with our egg and sperm.


Guess I am gaining some valuable patience.  Don't know how long I can really wait.  I will most likely test on the 12th since that will be 14 days from trigger.  Maybe even sooner.

No matter what I have to test again on the 14th and if it is positive, I go to my RE for first beta test.  Then again in 2 days for 2nd beta test.  If all is well with those numbers, go back later this month for ultrasound to determine how many implanted.

If it's negative, I stop the progesterone suppositories and wait for my period to begin the 2nd cycle.  Fingers crossed we don't have to do a second cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment