Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cycle Day 21

Insemination Day!

My hubby went in early to provide a sample.  Between then and my arrival, they washed his sample.

When we went into the room when it was finally time to give me a baby, the doctor showed me the paper with hubby's results and asked me to look at his name.  "Is this your husband?" he asked.  I wanted to point to my hubby and say "No, that's my hubby.  What you have there is a piece of paper with my hubby's name on it."  But I didn't.  I did however give a verbal acknowledgment that indeed that piece of paper was my husband.

Then he showed me the sample and with the label turned away from said "Is this your husband?".  Again, I resisted the urge to say something like "Am I suppose to recognize his sperm?".  But the doctor turned the label to me before I could utter the words.  Acknowledged verbally that yes, that vial was my husband.

Then it was legs in the stirrups, hubby holding my hand, speculum inserted, catheter inserted.  He told me I might feel some cramping as he pushed my husband's man juice in.  And there was a little cramping.  But it was manageable.

That was it.  I was told to lay there for 10 minutes.  Hubby joked around that he should have been allowed to do me while my legs were in the stirrups, but he's an ahole.  My Ahole.

The nurse came in 10 minutes later and gave us an instruction sheet.  Sex tonight "just in case", progesterone suppositories starting in two days.  We were on our way!

For those of you that are curious about IUI and haven't done it or researched it much, I found a cool youtube video that says it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment