Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Let's play a game

It's called how many health issues can one person have.

Ready?  Go.

I have RA, Hypothyroid, Degenerative Disk Disease, Sciatica, Chronic Epstein Barr Virus, Infertility, oh and now a HUGE lump in a lymph node in my neck that just won't go away.

Do you ever feel like someone has a voodoo doll of you?

Four years ago I had an accident that caused me to herniate 4 discs in my back, break my tailbone, and cause arthritis in my back along with a wicked case of sciatica shooting from my butt to my toes in my right leg, sometimes my left too.

A year later I was diagnosed with hypothyroid.  It took a year to get it under control.  Every once in a while, it acts up and I have to have my dosage increased.

Two years ago I was diagnosed with Chronic EBV (chronic mono).  I had been having horrible tiredness and every bone in my body was hurting.  It was severe.  I don't know if the three are connected or not, but at the time I was also diagnosed with tendinitis in my shoulder and a severe vitamin D deficiency.

Last year I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis.  Probably the most debilitating of these issues.  And the one with the most consequences.

Do you see the pattern here?  Every year I am diagnosed with something new.  Can we please just skip a year?  How about you silly doctors diagnose me with PREGNANCY???

Despite all of these medical issues, it is still safe for me to get pregnant.  Can you believe that?  But a diagnosis of something lymphatic might stall that.  Or worse, even dash any dreams I had of being pregnant again.

I go for a biopsy this week.  I'll keep you informed of the results.  I have a follow up appointment with my Endo for it in two weeks.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment