Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Introduction


So this post is the start of something different.  This will either turn out to be a journal of infertility or a journal of our new baby.  *I didn't want this blog attached to our normal blog for privacy reasons.  Yet.*

Let me explain.  I have a preteen son from a previous relationship and hubby has children, 11 & 7 from a previous relationship.  I have always known I wanted more kids, just wanted to wait until the time was right.  We have been together since June 2006, met in March of 2006.  Spare you the details.  For nearly the last 3 years, we have had unprotected sex (with a break for birth control so I could move my period for the wedding and honeymoon and in the hopes of getting a little more regular) and never gotten pregnant.  When we got married, we really started trying.  REALLY.

Still no baby.  I have several health problems (RA, hypothyroid, and a few others) and so we didn't want to waste any more time if it wasn't going to work.  The decision was made pretty quick to find out if something was wrong.

First we saw my OBGYN and she ran some basic blood work and sent my hubby for semen analysis.  Blood work came back fine.  Semen analysis, not so much.  Low motility, low volume, low concentration, low morphology, low hopes.  The test was run again a couple of months later after some ah hem, lifestyle changes (no more laptop in the lap, no riding a motorcycle, no jerking off every five minutes).  Same results.  So my Dr referred us to an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) at a fertility clinic in town.

So far, we really like this clinic.  They wasted no time in trying to help us achieve pregnancy.  The doctor said we could start next month (December).

Well, that's our background.

No comments:

Post a Comment