Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Cycle one

And hopefully the last until baby two!

Yes, we will go through this twice.  Unless of course we get multiples out of this, then we are done.  Button down the hatches, sew up my hole, snip his nuts off, DONE.

Yesterday was our first real appointment.  Who knew these clinics were open at 8 something on a Sunday morning.  And who knew it was a requirement to bring an iPad?  We were the only couple without one.  So we both whipped out our trusty older model iPhones so we could be the cool kids too.

If you have never gone through infertility treatment, let me explain to you what our process leading up to IUI is with our clinic.

Starting cycle day 3, for the first time only, I go in for an ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries to verify everything is there and in working order.  Doctor said that my uterus looks great.  My ovaries are great, 7 eggs in one which is a normal number and 9 in the other which is a fantastic number.  Then they drew blood for a Clomid Challenge Test looking at my FSH and Estradiol.  And we are on doctors orders to have sex, sex, sex. Happy Hubby.  Ugh.

Cycle day 5, I start 100mg Clomid.

Cycle day 6, I take 100mg Clomid, quit Metformin (which in my case is being used for several purposes, one being infertility, but no, I do not have PCOS).

Cycle day 7, I take 100mg Clomid.

Cycle day 8, I take 100mg Clomid and get an HSG.  Take pregnancy test before procedure and bring stick in to prove we didn't get lucky and don't have to spend lots of money.

Cycle day 9, I take 100mg Clomid.

Cycle day 10, Stop Clomid, start Metformin, FSH lab test (another 830AM test half an hour away on a Sunday???), NO MORE INTERCOURSE!!!  Ever!  Well, that's how my husband feels about it.  I'll be happy for the hiatus.

Cycle day 11, Nothing.

Cycle day 12, Ultrasound to verify egg(s) matured and popped out (as I understand it).

Cycle day 13, Nothing

Cycle day 14, Party in my Uterus!  Get HCG shot, Hubby provides sample, doctor shoots sample up there.  We get pregnant and live happily ever after, well after we do all this one more time for a second baby.

Cycle day something or another we go for pregnancy blood test.  It's going to be positive of course because I am an optimistic fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment