Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Clomid Day 1

Drama already.  At about 7:30 last night, my husband called to see how I was doing.  He asked how I was feeling on the Clomid.  Doh!  I forgot to pick it up.  I wasn't scheduled to take it until today anyway, but that was a close one!  So I hoped in the car and drove down to the pharmacy.

They couldn't find the script.

After much searching, the pharmacist found the medication under a similar, but very different name.  He changed it after some long processing.  Then told me it wasn't covered by my insurance.  What?!?!  This was a huge surprise because I have great insurance and because I work for a drug company, they cover just about everything under the sun!  He explained the med would need a prior auth.  Great.  My insurance changes at the begining of the year, so if there is a need for a second cycle, I will have to go through all of this again next year.  Ugh.

I paid the $31.09 out of pocket and will submit for reimbursement today.  I hate dealing with the insurance.  Ugh.  I guess I should just be glad it wasn't one of the 1000 something dollar medications.

Taking my clomid now.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment