Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

The Journey Restarts

Well, after a hectic year of horrible health, we are back on track to trying for a baby!

This time we aren't fooling around!  We are going straight into IVF with ICSI.  (Enjoy this lovely video!)

So for now, I am on birth control.  I end that on the 19th.  I begin Lupron on the 16th.

I just got off of the phone with the specialty pharmacy and was told that all 1,001 of the medications called in will need an authorization.  Joy.  Okay, so maybe not 1,001, but it sure as heck feels like it.  I honestly tuned out after the fifth medication was listed.

So why all the rush after months, almost a year, of doing nothing.  Well, health conditions delayed our process so we were planning to begin again in October.  But then, in September, it became known that the company I work for is being sold.  The close date is in December.  That means loss of fertility benefits on the first of the year.  Unless I should be so fortunate as to find another job with fertility benefits.  Or even a job without would be nice.  Just need a job.

For those of you that are thinking, why get pregnant if you don't have insurance or a job?  Well, we can get crappy insurance through my husband's work.  And this is really our last chance at getting pregnant.  Lots of other families do it on one income, so I think we can too if we absolutely have to.

I will soon go into a post about the process of getting the fertility office to get on the ball with this procedure. Let's just say I spent Halloween in tears.

Wish us luck, we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment